To boost the potential of your cereals!
- Increase the proportion of farm cereals in the ration by up to 10 kg / d / animal with no risk of acidosis
- Reduce purchases of nitrogen correctors and prepared feed (soybean and/or rapeseed cake)
Preparing the Mixture
XL GRAIN can be used to treat either whole or rolled cereals.
20kg (1 bag)/Tonne for cereals. 1 tonne of XL Grain will treat 50 tonne of barley/wheat.
Ideally 18-20% Moisture- If moisture is lower than 18-20%; add water at a rate of 10 Ltrs per percentage point below 18% moisture.
I.E. if grain is 15% moisture add 30 Ltrs of water per tonne of grain.
Product is safe to use up to 24% moisture.
Mixing time: 15 minutes
Storage under cover
- Leave to work for 21 days (3 weeks) in airtight conditions and then uncover.
- Can be stored for one year in a warehouse.
Enhancing the Rations
- If XL Grain has been applied to the whole grain, we advise the following before use:
- coarsely rolling or grinding straw cereals
- finely grinding corn grain
- Reformlate the ration with your nutritionist, as the advised dose of treated cereals depends on the ration
Dose of treated cereal not to be exceeded per animal: 1.5-2kg/100kg live weight. Follow the expert’s recommendations.
For fattening cattle dry (no-silage) rations
Straw + XL cereals + minerals
Dairy cows and heifers
Start with a half dose of 2kg/day.
Then increase to a complete dose over an eight day period.
You can increase to up to 6kg per animal depending on the ration. Ask your nutritionist for advice.