Quinn’s of Baltinglass Ltd is on the hunt for enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated people to join our team. These are exciting opportunities for the right candidate to join a well-established successful family run business. Currently Quinns are hiring for the following full-time position.
Agri Sales, Baltinglass (Full-time)
QC, BAltinglass (Full-time)
Agri Sales, Baltinglass
• Provide Advice & support to farmers on a wide range of farm inputs
• Stock control and merchandising
• Support the branch manager with the daily running of the store
• Provide technical back up and support to farmers and also get involved in agronomy should this be an area of interest to you
• Merchandising & stock control
• Generating new ideas and promotions for the store
• Evaluate a customer’s needs and build productive long lasting relationships
• Making sure the shop floor runs smoothly
Showing a real passion for customer focus, innovation, and ability to make tough decisions will enable you to thrive in a role that is challenging and demanding – achieving targets for business growth, increased sales, operating standards, and colleague development and performance.
• Sales focused with proven sales experience
• 3rd Level degree in Agriculture would be an advantage
• Ambitious with strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise work
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Assurance/Controller Location: Baltinglass, Co Wicklow. Full Time
• Inspect, test, and sample materials or assembled parts or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
• Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
• Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
• Testing and documenting of incoming raw materials with NIR machine
• Department of Agriculture audits and ongoing compliance
• UFAS audits and ongoing compliance
• Produce weekly production and KPI reports for the mill yard
• Inspection of product in sheds/bays/bins/bagging storage for quality control and general cleanliness
• Managing and ordering mill bag stocks- both small bags and half tonne bags
• Pest Control – ensuring pest control admin/documentation is done correctly
• Visit branches to spot check and ensure UFAS/Quinns feed criteria and policies are being followed – visit report to be created, filled out, filed and reported
• Sending away ration and pellet samples for testing externally
• Analysing finished feed
• Analysing forage samples and emailing them to department heads
• Assisting feed nutritionist with labelling & formulation changes
• Dealing with Quality Control complaints
• Assisting with seed sampling and labelling
• Health & safety practices in the Mill Yard
What you will need:
• Strong knowledge of the technical elements of Ruminant Feed & Seed
• Strong working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft and Herbst (training provided) with the ability to learn new systems
• Extensive experience in the agricultural industry with strong local market knowledge
• Requires a high degree of technical, analytical, and leadership skills.
• Forklift & or Loader Licence (Advantage)
• Requires mechanical and troubleshooting skills to solve pellet mill maintenance problems.
To apply for this role: Please email your CV & Cover letter to: email@example.com